Thursday, July 17, 2014

Letter to a Friend

A Letter To A Friend

In loving and sad memory of my dear friend, Margaret, who had accepted Him, but, whose pain was too much for her to bear. 1939

Dear Friend,
It seems I can not stay my hand, 
But I must write to help you understand
That tho your days on earth will soon be o'er,
There are new joys that await you on the other shore.
Where there is no day or night, no pain or sorrow,
But endless joys abound for you, tomorrow.
Yes, joys to thrill your soul await you there, 
But stay!  You must, to Him your life lay bare.
You must to Him confess your sin, and let no blot remain.
Pray-"Lord, have mercy unto me a sinner," and you will be born again!
Take Him for your savior, from sin He will set you free.
Choose Salvation and live forever, thru all Eternity.

Sequel

If I could only have know
You'd choose the easy way,
I would have grasped your hand in mine
And strenghened you that day!
I would have knelt and prayed all night,
So you, too could reach his throne,
I would have stayed your hand, if it meant my life,
If I had only known!

By Treva E. Stokes (1912-1980)  Written in 1939


No comments:

Post a Comment