Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I Pluck a Rose For You

God's given me a bouquet of roses
To share along life's way.
As I pluck one, another appears,
It's still the same bouquet.

As long as I keep sharing,
My vase of life will fill
And my days are always a rosy hue
For I've obeyed His will.

If ever I should break the chain
Of sharing with another,
Then my bouquet will shrivel and die
And then is when I'll discover-

-My vase of life is an empty glass
A mirror that God sees through into
My heart and records my deeds,
Dear one- here's a rose for you!

By Treva E. Stokes (1912-1980)

Dear Ducky,
I'm always telling everyone that I am giving my roses while I am living and can share as 
God has prospered us.  I've also said that I sincerely feel, if I stop sharing, my prospering 
will be stopped somehow.  I sincerely believe this.  This poem is for you special. 
Share it if you like. 
Love always, 
Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment