Thursday, July 17, 2014

Keep Looking Up

This poem was really written for all of the family my grandmother would leave behind, but I do know that my Grandfather, Henry Stokes, took special comfort in reading it often in the 16 years he remained with us following his wife of 50 years' passing. Alan Stokes

Do not be too lonely, now that I've gone away.
But, have the faith to know we'll meet again some day.
Be thankful I was loaned to you
E'en though for a little while,
So after those few tears are spent
Learn again to smile.
This trip I take alone, tho' far away from you,
Is only temporary, some day you'll take it too!

Then I will clasp your hand in mind
As I recognize your face,
And we'll ever be together
In Heaven's glorious place.

By Treva E. Stokes (1912-1980)

No comments:

Post a Comment