Sunday, July 13, 2014

If


If I add sunshine to a human life and my paths leave one finer;
If I can be the encourager for one to be a follower of Christ;
If I play a small part in a soul being delivered from their sin;
If one remembers me with smiles when they face their judgment;
If a person is better for eternity because they knew me on earth;
If I'm never content to have any person be the last person I reach;
Then my life will have made a difference unmeasured by it's years. 

By Alan T. Stokes   

December 20, 2001 

The original poem "If" was written on February 5, 1989, while I was a student at Trevecca Nazarene University.   It has been siginificantly revised in order to better communicate the important theme of evangelism that was intended in the original work.   





No comments:

Post a Comment