Thursday, April 26, 2018

Gmail Upgrades

I'm a happy owner of a Gmail account. I first signed up for it in 2010, because I realized that I didn't want to change my email address anytime I changed internet service providers. I have tried other web-based email over the years and keep one as a backup, but nothing changes my first email love for Gmail.

Gmail has announced a major upgrade to their product this week. Some of the features include:

  • Allowing users the option to designate an expiration date on emails at which they will self-destruct and disappear from the receivers account. 
  • Giving clearer notification on suspicious emails to improve security.
  • Using a nudging technique to remind people when they haven't responded to emails.
  • Adding a smart-reply function to it's web-based email.
  • Giveing high priority notifications.
See Edward C. Baig, USA Today, April 25, 2018 for more information on exciting new features available to anyone with a Gmail address.

Gmail is a Google product. These improvements will make their free email even better.


No comments:

Post a Comment